Re: gEDA-user: change of architecture forced by geda-symbols upgrade

Hi Peter,

On Freitag, 2. Januar 2009, Peter Ragosch wrote:
> on SuSE 11.1 x86_64 I tried an geda-symbols upgrade from 1.4.2-1.1 to
> 1.4.3-1.1 using YaST and got a warning:
>
> geda-gsymcheck-1.4.2-1.1.x86_64 needs geda-symbols = 1.4.2, but this
> does not exist (or similar sounding) and YaST provides an
> architecture change of geda-xxx.x86_64 packages to geda-xxx.i586.
> Over all 680 packages to exchange.
>
> This is not what I want and I'll delay the upgrade.

Thanks for the info.

> Don't be angry with me but this is not the only package I found since
> I'm running a 64bit system. So I want to please you (the packager):

> Please solve the dependency of geda-symbols packages in future
> releases. Please take more care about architecture dependencies, even
> for typically noarch packages like symbols.

The dependancies are correct and all packages have been build.
Unfortunatly the openSUSE buildservice hasn't published all new packages
of the 1.4.3 release on the x86_64 arch.

Wait till the 1.4.3 packages appear on the server:
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/science/openSUSE_11.1/x86_64/

I think it's a bad thing that YaST recommends an arch change.

Regards
Werner