gEDA-user: change of architecture forced by geda-symbols upgrade

Hi Listmember,

on SuSE 11.1 x86_64 I tried an geda-symbols upgrade from 1.4.2-1.1 to
1.4.3-1.1 using YaST and got a warning:

geda-gsymcheck-1.4.2-1.1.x86_64 needs geda-symbols = 1.4.2, but this does not
exist (or similar sounding) and YaST provides an architecture change of
geda-xxx.x86_64 packages to geda-xxx.i586. Over all 680 packages to exchange.

This is not what I want and I'll delay the upgrade.

Don't be angry with me but this is not the only package I found since I'm
running a 64bit system. So I want to please you (the packager):

Please solve the dependency of geda-symbols packages in future releases.
Please take more care about architecture dependencies, even for typically
noarch packages like symbols.

Many thanks in advance.

--
Peter