Re: gEDA-user: geda in Lenny (was Re: Creating system-gafrc again)

On Sun, 2009-02-01 at 01:01 +1100, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 09:05:41PM +0100, Richard Hartmann wrote:
> > On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 19:56, Peter Clifton <pcjc2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > > Fingers crossed!
> >
> > I was unable to find a 1.4.3 tarball (or tell me the git sha1s, please). Debian
> > RM asked for a full diff between 1.4.0 and 1.4.3 and I am looking at providing
> > that, atm.
> > I talked to them off-list and it looks good if the diff comes soonish :)
>
> So, I am building the packages and the requested diffs now.
>
> It appears that there are no changes in geda-docs, geda-examples,
> geda-gsymcheck, or geda-symbols. Is that correct? If so, I don't see any reason
> to upload new versions, other than consistency(?).

Hmm, now you've got me thinking..

I'd suggest that you do build all the binaries at least, because there
is a chance that each binary checks the release revision date, and would
complain if it encounters a config file with a different date on it.
I've not got time to check the code right now though.

That said, it is probably self-contained, e.g. libgeda checks the data
on the config file it parses, gsymcheck .. (not even sure it uses its
own config file).

It would be worth uploading them if they could be accepted. (No changes
== no regressions, right?), if only for the fact that we get consistent
results when asking people what version of gEDA they are using.

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,
Engineering Department,