Re: gEDA-user: Strange error from gEDA upon startup

On Fri, 2009-01-30 at 16:35 -0800, Kingston Co. wrote:
> Peter:
> It worked fine for a long time until about 4 months ago.  I was doing
> a routine fink update and after it was finished this error showed up.
> I don't know what exactly fink updated.  I assumed that the problem
> would disappear after a while put it has persisted for some time now.
> Here are the files from the fink sw/bin directory:
> gdk-pixbuf-config
> gdk-pixbuf-csource
> gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders
> gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders-2.0
>
> I don't know how to find out what version these are.

Aha.. try:

gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders  | grep -i xpm

I have something like:

"/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/loaders/libpixbufloader-xpm.so"
"xpm" 4 "gtk20" "The XPM image format" "LGPL"
"xpm" ""
"/* XPM */" "" 100

If you don't have that (or similar), I guess the fink packagers need to
enable more loaders when building that library (possibly it is part of
GTK).

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,