Re: gEDA-user: OT: Recommendations for laptop?

Stephen Williams wrote:

> I just can't say enough good things about my Mackbook Pro. The
> only glaring issue, is the price.

I've been happy with Apple laptops for a few years now. I got an iBook
back in '03 which is still in daily use and a newer Macbook about a year
ago which is working well. *NIX compatibility and the fink package
system make it great for development. gEDA/PCB work well and the
packages seem to stay current. Agree that extra memory is helpful, but
3rd-party chips from a reputable vendor are easy to install and more
reasonably priced than Apple's. Apple hardware is a bit more expensive,
but the polish in hardware & software is worth it to me.

Eric