Re: gEDA-user: Wish list for gschem

On 1/3/09, DJ Delorie <dj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  > Actually, no; ^C per se is not supposed to do anything.  It just
>  > happens to be probably the commonest setting of c_cc[VINTR];
>

> The above is *not* true (or even relevent) in a GUI environment.  It's
>  only true and relevent when an application is running inder the pervue
>  of the termio subsystem, which is *not* the case for gschem, which is
>  what we're talking about.

Ok I think I have some reading to do.

>  > > Ctrl-C is the standard "copy" command, most GUI standards require
>  > > it be implemented as such.
>  >
>  > A good example of why I can't stand "most GUI"s.
>

> I won't deny your personal preference, but please don't confuse the
>  common user who *does* normally use "most GUIs".  In the common
>  environment, Ctrl-C is normally defined to be a copy operation.  The
>  details behind that are irrelevent, as are the details of termio
>  environments.

The thing is I normally call gschem from a terminal and switch between
the two so to reduce the likely hood of killing a process I need I
generally try to relocate a few specific key combination encase I type
the right command in the wrong window.

In any event what is wrong with the way it copies now?

http://www.coe.neu.edu/~efoss/
http://evanfoss.googlepages.com/