Re: gEDA-user: Wish list for gschem

>> Actually, no; ^C per se is not supposed to do anything.  It just
>> happens to be probably the commonest setting of c_cc[VINTR]; [...]
> The above is *not* true (or even relevent) in a GUI environment.

I think it actually is, in the context of the text that was a reply to.
You deleted that; the relevant quote is

>>> [...] ctrl-c which is supposed to kill command line processes.

It specifically mentions "command line processes", which require a
commmand line, and thus something ttyish - combined with "a GUI
environment", this presumably means a terminal emulator window.

> It's only true and relevent when an application is running [under]
> the [purview] of the termio subsystem, which is *not* the case for
> gschem, which is what we're talking about.

Depends on how gschem is started.  Not that that's really relevant to
what I wrote, which was a response to the assertion that ^C was
supposed to kill command-line processes.

Certainly for lots of people who _do_ use terminal emulator windows,
the risk of typing a ^C into the wrong window and killing something by
mistake is real regardless of what UI standard you prefer to listen to,
so making the "copy" gesture user-configurable is a perfectly
reasonable desire.  I know I've typed into the wrong window often
enough, and can't believe I'm alone in that.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx