gEDA-user: componentsRe: Wish list, sort of

On Jan 6, 2009, at 7:45 AM, Werner Hoch wrote:
>> There was talk a while ago about integrating gschem with a database.
>> Any status change on that?  Any way I can help implement/test with
>> mysql?
>
> libgeda (gschem) has an interface where you can connect a database.
>
> I've played with it some time ago:
> Here is the mail I wrote:
> http://archives.seul.org/geda/dev/Nov-2007/msg00034.html
>
> The current homepage is here:
> http://www.h-renrew.de/h/spicelib/doc/index.html
>
> My "database" are just some ini-style files that contain some
> attributes
> and other definitions. A python script combines the definitions and
> template symbols to complete symbols.
>
> I've only a few parts (1000 to 1500) mostly diodes and transistors
> with
> spice models. I haven't played with a real database like mysql.

   Oh my, I didn't know that functionality existed within libgeda.
This is fantastic...It looks like the MySQL functionality that I want
can easily be implemented in scheme, using (component-library-
funcs).  I'm going to mess with this a bit when I finally get stuff
running here.

          -Dave

--
Dave McGuire