Re: gEDA-user: Wish list, sort of

On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 12:45 PM, Werner Hoch <werner.ho@xxxxxx> wrote:

> My "database" are just some ini-style files that contain some attributes
> and other definitions. A python script combines the definitions and
> template symbols to complete symbols.
>
> I've only a few parts (1000 to 1500) mostly diodes and transistors with
> spice models. I haven't played with a real database like mysql.

This looks very interesting. I spotted this mechanism before but
assumed this is just yet another way of accessing symbols.

Can you explain how do you tie symbols with their respective spice
models? Can you switch between different models by configuration?

If this "virtual library" could store both symbols and schematics (as
well as netlists, models, ...) that would be great.

Regards,
-r.