gEDA-user: gedamanager - Xlib: extension "RANDR" missing on display

I'm running geda on a macbook, ver 10.5 osx using macports to pull
down dependencies.  I'm planning on pulling together a macports
release for geda (if that interests anyone).

I'm trying to run geda_manager with python 2.4 (through macports).
I'm getting the following error when I try to launch it:

	Xlib:  extension "RANDR" missing on display "/tmp/launch-H4jk01/:0".

Has anyone ran into this before?  Any advice.

Peter
pcordone@xxxxxxxx