Re: gEDA-user: gedamanager - Xlib: extension "RANDR" missing on display

I ran gtk-demo and I get the same same error but the demo application
starts and seems to work.  I think this may be an error that
geda_manager may want to ignore when starting.  I'm new to python, but
I'll have to hack around to see if I can make it start despite this.

Pete

On Jan 8, 2009, at 7:06 AM, Dan McMahill wrote:

> Peter Clifton wrote:
>> On Wed, 2009-01-07 at 21:36 -0500, Peter Wiley-Cordone wrote:
>>> I'm running geda on a macbook, ver 10.5 osx using macports to pull
>>> down dependencies.  I'm planning on pulling together a macports
>>> release for geda (if that interests anyone).
>>>
>>> I'm trying to run geda_manager with python 2.4 (through macports).
>>> I'm getting the following error when I try to launch it:
>>>
>>> 	Xlib:  extension "RANDR" missing on display "/tmp/launch-
>>> H4jk01/:0".
>>>
>>> Has anyone ran into this before?  Any advice.
>>
>> Do any of the other GTK based apps you've built produce that error?
>
> just as a note, 'gtk-demo', is a small GTK based app that comes with
> GTK.  That's my "go to" app for answering the question "does my GTK
> install even work?".
>
> -Dan

Peter Wiley-Cordone
pcordone@xxxxxxxx