Re: gEDA-user: Footprint with thermal paddle

DJ Delorie wrote:
>> I wonder if a couple of overlapping pads would work.
>
> That's what I did.  One pad for the copper extent, and a set of
> smaller pads to define the paste and mask.  You just have to number
> them all the same.

Thanks - I'm coming close to a solution this way. The trouble is that it
seems like it's not possible to define a pad with no mask opening at all
- there seems to be a minimum opening in the copper extent even when the
mask and clearance are set to 0. This results in a slight notch in the
desired mask when combined with the mask pad that I put on top of it.
It's not much of a notch and I might be able to live with it, but it's
there.

Eric