Re: gEDA-user: New-install ? dbus-launch

eas lab wrote:
> I'm having considerable problems running
> geda, gschem, or pcb.  [Altho' I first wanted to just 'see'
> spice, which I found isn't even in the massive package].
>
> A major problem is that over the years of linux usage,
> I've always logged in as root.  The need to login as non-root
> creates a whole layer of extra complications.
>
> A further complication is that, because the package is so big,
> I've installed it at /mnt/mul/geda-0.0.2  -- it's own partition.

Source files can take some space, but the packages aren't that huge...

What is your OS?  You should be able to install and run as root if you insist with the separate parts install.

You can install the parts on debian very easily, without doing the suite install.

the separate parts install is well documented and easy to get support help on:

http://geda.seul.org/release/v1.4/1.4.3/

John
--
Ecosensory   Austin TX