Re: gEDA-user: ExpressPCB is evil.... was: Re: New user to PCB - what does this error mean?

Ales Hvezda wrote:
> [snip nice e-mail]
>> Call me a "control freak" if you like, but gEDA seems ok with that.  :)
>>

> 	This is an interesting point that should be reiterated.  The
> whole point of gEDA is flexibility-- I hate it how some tools force you
> to work in and only in their narrow world.  We (as developers) should
> not take away flexibility unless there is a really really good reason.
> At least we should keep all the "control freaks" happy. :)
>
> 								-Ales

I agree 100% with that.  I'm currently looking for some non-EDA related
software for something and high up on my priority list is that I have
the ability to dump out my data (perhaps with some programming or
scripting effort on my part) into a format that I can get into a
different tool.  That bit alone is turning me off to several commercial
tools.

-Dan