Re: gEDA-user: Power (and other non-graphical) pins

I think this discussion has gone on for long enough without input from
the core developers.  As one of them, I add this, hoping to appease
both sides and not scare away any potential users/contributors...

gEDA/PCB should be flexible for those who need flexibility, and easy
to use for those who need ease of use.  It should accomodate the
varied needs of the power user, without alienating the "90% case" of
non-power users.

As a developer, I mostly add things that *I* want to use.  However, I
keep in mind two things: (1) can the power user do non-obvious things
with this?  (2) how will the newbie interface with this?

gEDA still has "big problems" to solve.  The annual light-v-heavy
symbol issue is one.  Power pins is one.  PCB layer issues is one.
All input is useful, provided it is constructive, even if we
eventually go in another direction, but just having input isn't
enough, and those providing input need to have patience.