Re: gEDA-user: Power (and other non-graphical) pins

On Jan 15, 2009, at 7:56 AM, Joerg wrote:

> Feedback I give in groups like this is meant to relay to the program
> architects how the other end of the line works.

Ah, but the architects also are users. They know how the other ends
of their lines work.

> If the gEDA goal is to
> achieve some kind of penetration into the industrial world such input
> will be very important.

I don't speak for the big guns (I'm only a minor developer), but I
perceive your corner of the industrial world as a dead end for EDA.
The future will belong to toolkits that can automate more of the
design process, not merely assist in drafting circuits. The future
will belong to designers who are equally comfortable with programming
and drafting. We've all used the other tools and seen how they
frustrate automation.

> If that is not the goal then it will not be
> important.

The kinds of tools you seem to want already exist, and it is not
gEDA's job to duplicate them. You say you find them wanting. You will
always find them wanting: that's the inevitable plight of a demanding
software consumer. But if you master a toolkit you can fly free...

Hurray for gEDA! Thanks, especially, Ales.

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx