Re: gEDA-user: Power (and other non-graphical) pins

John Doty wrote:
> On Jan 12, 2009, at 12:36 PM, Joerg wrote:
>
>> When you place the first instantation it'll be pins 1,2,3, the next
>> one
>> 5,6,7 and so on. But all are supplied via the common supply pins 4 and
>> 11. In gschem you only have two choices. Either you create a library
>> model that repeats those pins 4 and 11 visibly for all four
>> instantations or you create the library part with the power pins
>> detached where none of the instantations show power pins. This can be
>> practical for auto-connecting digital stuff to a VCC rail but it
>> doesn't
>> work well in the analog world. Now you could also have pins 11 and
>> 4 as
>> a separate "fifth" device. Anyhow, neither method looks professional,
>> neither is industry practice, and all make schematics more
>> difficult to
>> understand for others. Especially for non-analog guys.
>
> Joerg,
>
> What do you think of the approach in:
>
> http://archives.seul.org/geda/dev/Nov-2008/msg00069.html

Thanks, but it says "useless with gschem", whatever that means. In the
telephone.sch file I could only see a mike and a speaker with coil, but
no power pins.

In the end it's important that a decent power pin handling is inside the
program itself, not something that must be handled by letting a command
line routine run over some files.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/