Re: gEDA-user: gEDA on windows

Mark Rages wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 1:36 PM, Joerg <joergsch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> John Doty wrote:
>>
>> Ok, I'll try, it's been a long time since I tested it:
>>
>> Take the LM324 as an example. It is a chip with four opamps in there:
>> http://www.national.com/ds/LM/LM124.pdf
>>
>> When you place the first instantation it'll be pins 1,2,3, the next one
>> 5,6,7 and so on. But all are supplied via the common supply pins 4 and
>> 11. In gschem you only have two choices. Either you create a library
>> model that repeats those pins 4 and 11 visibly for all four
>> instantations or you create the library part with the power pins
>> detached where none of the instantations show power pins. This can be
>> practical for auto-connecting digital stuff to a VCC rail but it doesn't
>> work well in the analog world. Now you could also have pins 11 and 4 as
>> a separate "fifth" device. Anyhow, neither method looks professional,
>> neither is industry practice, and all make schematics more difficult to
>> understand for others. Especially for non-analog guys.
>>

> You can always use two symbols, one with power pins and one without.
> That's what I do.

But if you do that, can you call the first one U12A and have power pins,
then next one U12B, then U12C and U12D without but so it sticks during
renumbering and also correctly netlists? When I tried that the refdeses
were messed up at the next renumbering.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/