Re: gEDA-user: Power (and other non-graphical) pins

Am Dienstag, den 13.01.2009, 13:11 -0800 schrieb Joerg:

> I started out with Futurenet Dash-2 in 1986, then Dash-4, then
> self-employed with Orcad as my tool, later through several versions of
> that and a few years ago switched to Eagle. That's what I am using right
> now until I find something better. Eagle won't handle hierarchies, other
> than that it is nearly ideal.

Here in Germany many people think that Eagle is only usable for simple
home-made stuff, not for professionals. At least in Forums like
www.mikrocontroller.net. If you ask "What EDA tool should I by for my
small Company" they will recommend names like PADS, Cadence, Altium, and
say that Eagle is more for kids. This is not my opinion, I used Eagle
years ago and never the other more expensive tools. But you see opinions
are different.

And one remark:
When I go to my local Volkswagen dealer and tell hin how fine my
Mercedes is and that I have no desire to drive a Volkswagen, only come
to tell him how he may improve them ... My intentions may be good, but
my strategy is not.

Best regards

Stefan salewski