Re: gEDA-user: Power (and other non-graphical) pins

> Sure, but I don't think that's what gEDA was meant to do.

But geda *was* meant to be able to hook in other sources of data.

> Ok, if gEDA is geared towards ASIC/FPGA that's different.

It's not - *his* work is geared towards it, and he had a way to make
geda work smoothly with his data needs.  Each geda user is going to
have a preferred way of doing things, and geda needs to be amenable to
all of those.  *Some* will be defaults, but others may need some
custom geda setups to flow smoothly.

> Wow. With CAD? My first CAD exposure was Racal-Redac on a VAX but being

Oh crap, now we're reminiscing.  20 years ago I started with Data
General's internal CAD system on D470C terminals.  A few years later
we switched to Cadstar, and a long hiatus later, I'm using gEDA.

> young I could only get after-midnight time slots so I resorted to vellum
> and ink pens.

mmm... pens, stickers, and FeCl from Radio Shack.  That was about 30
years ago for me.  I still have some of the stickers, too.

> Again, I don't want it to cater to me. I might never use gschem,
> just wanted to give feedback.

What about PCB, though?  That runs on Linux/Mac/Windows too.