Re: gEDA-user: [RFC 6/6] Generation of log files

On Jan 16, 2009, at 9:09 PM, Steve Meier wrote:

> To me the idea of a app.log associated with a project is that if some
> step in the project goes "GAK" I would like to know why.

The basic problem is that the software's point of view is not the
user's. Software is even better than priests at "straining out gnats
and swallowing camels". syslog() is designed to archive messages for
a reasonable time, so the user can find the rare useful message if
necessary.

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx