Re: gEDA-user: [RFC 3/6] Embedding system revamp

On Saturday 17 January 2009 15:56:03 Ales Hvezda wrote:

> >[*] Note that we may also consider making gEDA files officially use CRLF
> >    line-endings, for better compatibility with 'quoted-printable'
> >    encoding & Windows users.
>
> 	Really _not_ sold on this one.	I think you will get significant
> push back if you expect POSIX users to have ^M in their files by default.
> gaf (anything really) should handle both including mixed gracefully.

According to the Unicode spec, we *should* treat all of the following as "new
lines":

U+000A          Line feed
U+000D          Carriage return
U+000D U+000A   Carriage return, line feed
U+0085          Next line
U+000C          Form feed
U+2028          Line separator
U+2029          Paragraph separator

...but I don't think it's unreasonable to specify one line ending in
particular for the nuts and bolts of the gEDA file format. :) Hence my
amended spec.

                                      Peter

--
Peter Brett