Re: gEDA-user: manage changes

Patrick Dupre wrote:
when I generated the new pcb
> (gsch2pcb) I lost all the benefits of my previous pcb (I mean, I need
> to restart form scratch). How can I generated the new.pcb file
> including my changes

The refdes and footprint has to match, or else it is thrown out by gsch2pcb.

So you can edit a copy of your pcb to get those matching before running gsch2pcb.
Sometimes a text editor is easiest for the footprint part of that, but just use pcb to see the topology
that compares to your new schematic and redo the refdes's in pcb.   Save versions along the way...

John
--
Ecosensory   Austin TX