Re: gEDA-user: GTK RANT

On the dev list (where I am not allowed to post anymore), Peter C
complains about the trouble it takes to do special things with GTK:

> I'm already at +740 lines of code _just_ to get multi-letter
> accelerators _DRAWN_ on menu items.

IMHO, this simply means, gschem is way off the rails here. I never
experienced multi letter menus with any other app. This is very much non
standard. As such, it steepens the learning curve for the newbie. It took
me quite some time to get used to.

Even after many hours of gschem usage, I still seem to be more slowly
than with, say, pcb. Core developers certainly feel strongly in favor of
the two-key interface. However, I'd be a happy user of a the usual one-
key, or key+modifier accels. As a goody, you get online user menu accel
adaption for free. Just type the preferred accel key while the mouse
hovers over the menu item. Afterwards the menu action will be attached to
the key.

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak