Re: gEDA-user: Any discussion about combining schematics and symbols into one file?

Perhaps in the future we could come up with some standard for
packaging symbols, footprints, and cross-reference information in a
single file.  That would be after our cross-platform installer, full
interoperability patches, etc ;-)

If the project manager could just "import" a complete library from,
say, the professor's course page, or a distributor's inventory, or
your work's part management group, that would vastly simplify things.

Not saying it would be easy, though, or quick.