Re: gEDA-user: Any discussion about combining schematics and symbols into one file?

On Mon, 2009-01-26 at 14:56 -0800, Yamazaki R2 wrote:
> I think i might have brought this up before but I wanted to bring this
>    up again. I know this would be kind of a big change to the way gEDA
>    works, but it would be nice to combine component's schematic, symbol,
>    and maybe pcb view into one file. Or at least the option to do so.

It sounds like the kind of thing which (if) implemented, would probably
be part of any plans to see project management in gEDA, where you might
imagine having a zip type archive of the project containing all its
files.

I don't think we'll ever see gEDA converting to a one file format for
projects, but as an archive / transferral format - it might be
interesting.

(If.. that turned out to be useful, who knows how far in the future..
gEDA might grow the ability to work with its archived projects without
explicitly unpacking them, but I do think that is unlikely.)

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,
Engineering Department,