Re: gEDA-user: Any discussion about combining schematics and symbols into one file?

On Jan 26, 2009, at 3:56 PM, Yamazaki R2 wrote:

>    I think i might have brought this up before but I wanted to
> bring this
>    up again. I know this would be kind of a big change to the way gEDA
>    works, but it would be nice to combine component's schematic,
> symbol,
>    and maybe pcb view into one file. Or at least the option to do so.

What advantage do you see here? Mostly, I see disadvantages.

You may embed symbols within the schematic if you wish, so you can
have "one file" containing an entire schematic design. This feature
already exists: what difficulty do you see with it?

When you embed symbols you've thrown away much of gEDA's great
strength, because a collection of files is a much more flexible and
reusable representation of the design.

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx