Re: gEDA-user: Any discussion about combining schematics and symbols into one file?

> When you embed symbols you've thrown away much of gEDA's
> great strength, because a collection of files is a much more
> flexible and reusable representation of the design.

Spend some time surfing the web looking at and downloading
gschem schematics.  50%+ of the projects you download
will be missing the symbols.  This fails the 'reusable' part.

Can I take one of your schematics from your machine,
put it on my machine in a different location, making no changes in
anything, and view it?  If the answer is no, this also fails
the 'reusable' part.

"a collections of files" is much harder to maintain than a single
file, when you want to easily share the design, or maintain
it for many years.