gEDA-user: Open GL survey (for PCB)

Hi guys,

Could anyone interested in seeing / using a GL version of PCB, please
respond to this message privately - directly to me (or on-list if you
don't have my email address).

PCB + GL provides some possibilities over what we have now with GDK /
X11 drawing. Transparency of layers is one thing, the possibility that
(in the distant future) we might render some 3D stuff is another.

What I want to know, is what the typical GL configuration for our users
is. Could you report to me the "glxinfo.txt" file dumped by:

glxinfo > glxinfo.txt

(This should tell me what GL + GLX versions and extensions and versions
you have, which correlates to what tricks / enhancements we can use to
make the rendering better or faster).

I's also be curious to know what kind of numbers you get running
"glxgears".. (ok - technically glxgears isn't a good benchmark, but
never mind).

Your numbers might be high (hundreds - even thousands), or it might be
pegged to your vsync frame-rate, at about 60fps.

NB: I'll probably be jealous if you report numbers greater than about
500-600 fps ;)

Best wishes,

--
Peter Clifton