Re: gEDA-user: gschem usage: rotate symbol, leave text alone

Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:
> Hi,
>
> when working with gschem, I next to never want rotated text. However, by
> default attributes seem to stick to the graphics and rotate with it. I
> find myself unrotating the text after I rotated the symbol by 90°. An
> alternative is to select the graphics only. But this requires many mouse
> clicks (select symbol, click on each and every attribute while holding
> the shift key).
>
> Is there a way to configure gschem to not rotate or move the attributes
> while rotating a symbol?

Unfortunately most CAD system do that and rotate it all (Eagle does it,
too). Kind of a nuisance but often I create two symbols, one rotated and
one not. Then I don't have to go through all the mouse clickaroo to
unrotate descriptor and refdes. Kind of a duct-tape fix :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/