Re: gEDA-user: gschem usage: rotate symbol, leave text alone

Am Mittwoch, den 28.01.2009, 09:43 -0800 schrieb Joerg:

> Unfortunately most CAD system do that and rotate it all (Eagle does it,
> too). Kind of a nuisance but often I create two symbols, one rotated and
> one not. Then I don't have to go through all the mouse clickaroo to
> unrotate descriptor and refdes. Kind of a duct-tape fix :-)

Similar question, similar answer from me :-)

http://archives.seul.org/geda/user/Dec-2008/msg00007.html

Rotating symbols often makes new alignment of text necessary, so I
prefer to have a horizontal and a vertical instance of symbols.

It may be nice to have two or more views in one symbol -- horizontal,
vertical, with/without pin numbers...

But there are more important things to do ...