Re: gEDA-user: Any discussion about combining schematics and symbols into one file?

Yamazaki R2 wrote:
>    I think i might have brought this up before but I wanted to bring this
>    up again. I know this would be kind of a big change to the way gEDA
>    works, but it would be nice to combine component's schematic, symbol,
>    and maybe pcb view into one file. Or at least the option to do so.

On Mac OS X, there is the concept of a "bundle". They are actually
implemented as directories w/ a suffix. The bundle is treated as a
unit. The application (Xcode, for example) is given the path to
the bundle, and it finds therein all the files it needs. Normal
file browsing tools can be used to browse into the bundle, if
desired.

Seems to me it would be pretty simple to define a "bundle" format
for schematics as well.

http://www.icarus.com         and lines to code before I sleep,