Re: gEDA-user: blue sky ideas : side-effects on circuit modelling?

Hi John.

No, I do not have any funds.

I was a software developer in the past but my current income is very
small.

My understanding is that if things are done cleanly then we may not be
building a goliath, and so little funding would be necessary.
My query was more on getting back from a PCB layout to the schematic
level, whereby traces and parts layout could be integrated as component
level interactions. Granted there are the puzzles of distributed emag
here, but in the core of DJ's presentation I thought there was a level
of abstraction which might be leveraged in the long term toward this
end. By keeping this in mind in the next step it may be that the next
ten steps will be that much easier. Still, my understanding of the
problems are incomplete and I apologize if this thinking is
inapplicable.

Even just a trace length minimizer will be engaging in those part
choices of the notation
   [ (...),(...) ]
so that specing them in the intial schematic has been abstracted out.
This suggests a reverse schematic will be presented, and thus the
bidirectional nature of the tool that is being discussed is engaged.

 - Tim

p.s. just came accross this link which I thought some here might
appreciate:
   http://www.sandiego.edu/~ekim/e194rfs01/lec01ek.pdf
and more one node back:
   http://home.sandiego.edu/~ekim/e194rfs01/index.html

This awareness indicates even a 3D level of awareness will be necessary
in the ultimate form, which I am fairly sure goes beyond the next step,
but maintaining an awareness of those ultimate goals could be
instructive to the implementation of the next step.

Some snip below...

TimGolden BSEE AB1AH PolySign http://www.BandTechnology.com 1262652820s