Re: gEDA-user: Net of Selected Common Pins Enroutes Shortest Path Through All Intervening Pins

Stan Katz wrote:
  No matter
>    how I draw the nets in gschem, the final rats nest runs produced in
>    pcb is one trace, across all the pins on each side of the SOIC, as
>    long as any of them are in the star end-run to the header pin. In
>    other words, if  I want to tie pins 1,3,5, of the transceiver,  to pin
>    1 in the header, a rat route runs across pins 1,2,3,4,5, of the
>    transceiver, shorting all of them together, and then routes to header
>    pin 1. How can I separate these nets?

Just add some copper running out from the pads a ways and then do "optimize rats"
and you will see a ratnest more like you were expecting.  Like DJ said, ratlines
don't conduct.

John
--
Ecosensory   Austin TX