gEDA-user: [igor2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx: Re: Net of Selected Common Pins Enroutes Shortest Path Through All Intervening Pins]

On Tue, Jan 05, 2010 at 10:08:15PM -0500, Stan Katz wrote:

>    I use gEDA for small projects. One, and two sided boards only. It's
>    been fine up until now. I now have a transceiver chip with some pins,
>    a number of which I need to run to  pin 1 on an IDE header. No matter
>    how I draw the nets in gschem, the final rats nest runs produced in
>    pcb is one trace, across all the pins on each side of the SOIC, as
>    long as any of them are in the star end-run to the header pin. In
>    other words, if  I want to tie pins 1,3,5, of the transceiver,  to pin
>    1 in the header, a rat route runs across pins 1,2,3,4,5, of the
>    transceiver, shorting all of them together, and then routes to header
>    pin 1. How can I separate these nets? Where do I do it? (gschem,
>    gsch2pcb, just gnetlist, or pcb) My only solution, so far, has been to
>    plant small terminals in each run in gschem, with a very small via
>    footprint. This forces separate routes to pin 1 on the header in pcb.

It's only the graphical representation that may seem to be like that.
Take it as rat lines are arcs connecting 1-3-5 above 2 and 4, but as you
are looking at them from the top, they look like lines.

When I have a similar situation I usually press 'f' over the rat or over
the header pin, so the whole net is highlighted - this would make the
header pin, the rat lines and pins 1-3-5 highlighted green while leaving
2 and 4 alone.

Regards,

Tibor Palinkas

----- End forwarded message -----