gEDA-user: gnetlist + gspiceui - Paths

Hi,
	I made a symbol and as far as I understand it should simulate, I had to
add the symbol location to the component library in gschem. However when
i use gspiceui to try and simulate it gnetlist can't find the symbol
(and I suppose the spice stuff) because I never told it where to look,
the problem is I have read the wiki, FAQ, and all other docs I can find
and nothing says what I need to do to edit the search path of gnetlist
and the system-gnetlistrc even says there is a section for the path
information but does not specify what would go there. Is this documented
anywhere? I could probably make it work with full paths, but that just
seems like a nasty hack.

Thanks for any help.