Re: gEDA-user: New gaf on Windows and one PCB question

On Sat, 2010-01-16 at 12:32 +0000, Peter Clifton wrote:

> > Uninstalling version 1.5 and installing version 1.6 gives me a problem with
> > readability of text in gschem, on the default schematic (startup) some tiny
> > lines representing text were visible, adding text showed only the boundig
> > boxes of text characters.

Send me a screen-shot please. Also, can you test with the fix below..

> > Pcb has a different problem, before and after loading a layout file the
> > layer buttons on the left pane aren't initialised/updated with regard to
> > button colors and names.

This turns out to be a bug in the ms-windows theme which I shipped the
build configured with. Minipack currently builds GTK 2.18.2, and the
2.18 series client side windows broke that theme engine. GTK 2.18.3
ships with the theme-engine disabled.

Remove $install_path/etc/gtk-2.0/gtkrc

That will knock out the ms-windows theme engine, and PCB should work.
(Albeit not looking like it "belongs" on the Windows desktop).

Can you see if it has any effect on the gEDA rendering issue you
mentioned?

Best regards,

Peter C.