Re: gEDA-user: Parts Manager Working Document

No, I meant passives, because it's not active.  I don't consider "semiconductor" to be the opposite of "passive".

To me, a diode fits in the groups "discrete" (vice "integrated"), "passive" (vice "active"), and "semiconductor" (vice ???) as well, IMO.  Of course, it doesn't really matter much, as long as the decision make some sense, which either one does.