Re: gEDA-user: blackboxing pcb

Harry Eaton wrote:
     Hi!
     > Do you mean that you want the simple PCB to be a fragment which
     gets
     > inserted into other designs? (option 2).
     This one.

   Pcb can load a .pcb file with the "load element to buffer" command,
   which you can thing rotate, move to the other side, etc and then paste
   wherever you like (again and again).
   You'll still have a problem getting the netlist to see that collection
   as a "component".

If you spend the effort to make a symbol, (using djboxsym or my variant jgboxsym),
to represent the schematic you want to reuse you can use it more than once
and get a netlist that works by using the flattened hierarchy method -- see
http://www.geda.seul.org/wiki/geda:faq-gschem#can_gschem_do_hierarchical_designs_with_sub_sheets
http://www.geda.seul.org/wiki/geda:faq-gschem#are_there_limitations_to_hierarchy_design
about schematics, and
http://www.gedasymbols.org/user/john_griessen/tools/pcb-hier-cells
about pcb usage to replicate sections with renumbered refdes's

John