Re: gEDA-user: Silver Epoxy: was Parts Manager Working Document

On Monday 18 January 2010 22:16:00 Gabriel Paubert wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 09:00:35PM -0500, Mark Stanley wrote:
> > I'll get you the information tomorrow when I get back to work.  For long
> > term storage we keep it packed with dry ice (CO2) in the freezer and
> > store the in- service tube in the refrigerator.  We've had in-service
> > tubes last up to six months.
>
> That's a single component, right? They typically need -20 or -40°C for
> conservation from what I've seen.

Yes.  I'm using H20E in a single syringe.  It's  packed in a small cooler and
surrounded with dry ice then covered over with balled-up newspaper and then the
lid is taped shut.  It has already lasted several years in the freezer.

You mentioned only having a small fridge but you should be able to set the
controls so that it will actually freeze.

Mark Stanley