gEDA-user: Resend - Schematic Recommendations

This is a resend - Postmaster advised as undeliverable before.

I Highly recommend the following:

        1) Use Hierarchical design - I have worked on schematics ranging
        from a few sheets to a monster 390 C-Size sheets - USE
        HIERARCHY!! It will make your design flow MUCH Easier.

        2) Use a consistent signal naming convention - I recommend that
        ONLY power nets have a "V" Prefix (example: V5P0 - for Positive
        5 Volts, V15N0 for NEGATIVE 15 volts. "A" for AC.) Use a unique
        designator for special signals that have to be skew monitored, I
        also recommend "C", "D" and "A" cor Clock, Data and Address,
        respectively. Whatever you choose - but document it IN the
        schematic (typically at a hierarchical top page. Name as MANY
        signals as you can.

        3) Keep power and signal paths distinct - use a separate shape
        and
        separate sheet for bypass caps going to BABGAs (Big Ass BGAs!) -
        keeps your signal flow clean.

        4) If you have special enable, select, timing generation, clock
        generation or unique support functions, put them on a separate
        page in your hierarchy - again, keep your signal FLOW clean!

        5) Come in on the left, leave on the right, and mark if a signal
        is a gazinta, goesouta, a power or an "eh?" (bidirectional)

        6) Use copious notes!!! You can place notes on a schematic - DO
        SO!

        7) Make sure special RF Paths are noted (the PCB designer will
        keep
        grounds and signal paths as short as possible and use different
        layout techniques here)

        Remember - if you look at it three months from now and wonder
        what the hell you were doing, the first guy who looks at it NOW
        - OTHER than you - will wonder what the hell you are doing!

        Good Luck!