Re: gEDA-user: arcs in pcb

> > double-precision floating-point would maintain more than sufficient
> > accuracy over the (0,360] range.
>
> Try to avoid floating point for storage.

Arcs use sines and cosines to calculate endpoints, so any losses in
storing the angle a 64-bit double are irrelevent, and integer angles
are stores losslessly anyway.  We can store angles in double precision
with a precision of 1E-10 which is *far* more than we need.

I see no reason to avoid floating point, and plenty of reason to avoid
the inconvenience of a non-built-in fixed-point type.

I've discussed the file-format-significant-figures issue before,
though.