Re: gEDA-user: Pin pads on only one side

On Jan 30, 2010, at 9:21 PM, Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:

> On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 01:10:28 +0000, Phil Frost wrote:
>
>> Is there some way to instruct PCB to put a copper pad for through-hole
>> pins only on the bottom of the board?
>
> No.
> This is an aspect of the long standing feature request "user definable
> pad-stack".

True enough.  Until then, you could do a hack by creating a footprint defining a very small annulus for the pin, and then on the back-side only put a surface pad over each hole.  Some folks (me among them) do something similar to create "easy hand soldering" footprints for through-hole parts.

-dave