Re: gEDA-user: Resistor values?

On Jan 2, 2011, at 10:18 AM, Patrick Bernaud wrote:

> Still, and as a side note, look how much beneficial a change
> from "unknown" to #f (as value for no- or unknown attribute) would be.

Different layers. "unknown" is is the appropriate return when the back end will simply put the result in the output file. #f is the appropriate return when the back end will process the result. So, the high level factor, (gnetlist:get-package-attribute) should continue to yield "unknown", but I would agree that it would be beneficial for the lower level (gnetlist:get-all-package-attributes) to yield #f. Although perhaps '() would be more consistent.

---

This message contains technical discussion involving difficult issues. No personal disrespect or malice is intended. If you perceive such, your perception is simply wrong. I'm a busy person, and in my business "go along to get along" causes mission failures and sometimes kills people, so I tend to be a bit blunt.