Re: gEDA-user: Voltage symbols and Spice

On Mon, 03 Jan 2011 23:52:12 +0100
"Johnny Rosenberg" <gurus.knugum-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Den 2011-01-03 23:37:23 skrev John Doty <jpd@xxxxxxxxx>:
>
>  [...]
>
> A bit off topic, but is it recommended to call something â5VAâ in
> this case? Couldn't it be confused with the fact that VA means
> Volt-Amperes, which is what you measure apparent power in?

I would not start a netname by a numeric character (I don't have any reason
why). I call this kind of nets as AVCC and DVCC. When I have more than one
supply net I call them AVCC1, AVCC2, etc. I know this is a bit uncommon,
because you have to have a table somewhere (at least one in your mind) which
links which supply is what.  AVCC2=5V, AVCC1=12V etc.

Same goes for ground connections. AGND and DGND.

HTH,
Levente

--
Levente Kovacs