Re: gEDA-user: Voltage symbols and Spice

Den 2011-01-03 23:37:23 skrev John Doty <jpd@xxxxxxxxx>:

On Jan 3, 2011, at 3:31 PM, Oliver King-Smith wrote:

  I am trying to use the "generic-power.sym" in my schematic.  I am
  setting the net attribute to 5VA (for 5V analog).  I was hoping this
would make all the nets with such a symbol. When I try to run gnetlist with the spice-sdb backend I get this error printing out several times.
  Got an invalid net= attrib [net=5VA]
  Missing : in net= attrib
  The nets don't appear connected in the spice file.  Do folks have any
  suggestions on how to solve this?
  Oliver

You must include the pin number in a net attribute, e.g.:

net=5VA:1

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx

A bit off topic, but is it recommended to call something â5VAâ in this case? Couldn't it be confused with the fact that VA means Volt-Amperes, which is what you measure apparent power in?

--
Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg