Re: gEDA-user: European symbols?

Den 2011-01-02 20:51:04 skrev kai-martin knaak <kmk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Johnny Rosenberg wrote:

Because the footprint information can be scanned at a glance
in the schematic. The footprint needs attention just like the
value or the refdes. So it is convenient to have it visible
by default. If I don't want to see the footprint attributes in
finished design I can still hide them with "Hide specific text"
in the attributes menu.

But if it is invisible, won't it show up with âShow specific textâ in the
same menu?

Typically, I need to look at footprints during design. Hide them
for beauty is at a later stage. So I like to have them visible by
default.

Maybe off topic, but really, why a license at all, when I really don't
care what people do with the symbols anyway?

To the law there is nothing like "no license" in a literal sense.

By the way, I was searching for information about the sym file format, but
I didn't find much.
(...)
Can anyone point me to some place where I can learn
everything about this?

see http://geda.seul.org/wiki/geda:file_format_spec

This page links to all the "official" documentation:
	http://geda.seul.org/wiki/geda:documentation

---<)kaimartin(>---

Thanks for the very useful interesting links.

--
Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg