gEDA-user: Shutting down SourceForge trackers for migration to Launchpad

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping that at some point over the next two days I will have
resolved the few minor issues with conversion of our SorceForge trackers
to Launchpad, and be at a point where we can migrate smoothly from one
to the other.

The migration necessitates me switching the PCB and gEDA SourceForge
trackers to read-only mode prior to making the final export, and I
intend to do that as soon as possible (when the data is converting
cleanly).

I have discussed the plans for migration quite openly, and have had
input and/or feedback from most developers on the two projects. If
moving over at some point during the next couple of days causes anyone a
problem, please let me know as soon as possible.

The detailed plan goes a little like this:
(NB: The URLs below are now invalid).

Fix character escaping conversion glitches:

	https://bugs.staging.launchpad.net/pcb/+bug/692282

	(Bad conversion of &blah; escaping in SF export
	XML -> LP import XML)

Consider dropping some bogus bugs:

 	https://bugs.staging.launchpad.net/geda/+bug/691748

	Marked as "Fix released", should be "Invalid".
	This comes because SF "Closed" -> LP "Fix released".

	For this particular bug, we closed it because it was invalid
	in gEDA. Since it is a noisy bug with lots of attachments
	(and was re-submitted in PCB), I'm very very tempted just
	to delete it from the gEDA bug export completely.

Look at mime-types:

	https://bugs.staging.launchpad.net/geda/+bug/691747

	Patches haven't been correctly detected as patch files.

Alter tagging code:

	Everything transferred has been given a "sf-import" tag,
	and the origin tracker is identified (if not "bugs"), by an
	additional "patch-tracker" or "support-request" tag.

	I am going to change that to a single "sf-bugs" "sf-patches"
	"sf-support" tag, dropping the "sf-import" tag.

Migration procedure:

	Shut down the SF trackers (to R/O mode)

	Re-export XML dumps from SF

	Apply patches to dumps for the OpenID users
	  (SF doesn't give the user data properly in its XML dump,
	   I have to fix it manually)

	Check for new OpenID comments / attachments, fix them

	Save new diffs for OpenID user changes (just in case)

	Re-convert SF XML -> LP XML

	Test import to LP (will probably just do this on my local instance)

	Ask the LP admins to do the import for real

	Open the LP trackers for use

	Publicise change

--
Peter Clifton