Re: gEDA-user: Wiki cleanup?

Bert Timmerman wrote:

> I will see if I can create a wiki like format and paste that into the
> doxygen output as to mimick the current style of the webpages on
> gpleda.org.

Hmm, I think, the current style of the web pages are less than
optimum. Dokuwiki can definitely look and feel better. The site
desperately needs better navigation. IMHO, a side panel with links
to the whole site is the tool of choice for a medium sized site
like gpleda.

One of my geda goals for 2011 is to push for improvements on
gpleda. I like the way the freecad project has designed their
website. It provides ready access to information on many levels
from newbie user to developer without feeling like a labyrinth.
I'd choose a different color scheme, though.
	https://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/free-cad

The freecad site is mediawiki. But this kind of web design can
be achieved with dokuwi, too. See my page at uni-hannover
for a real world dokuwiki example:
  http://bibo.iqo.uni-hannover.de/dokuwiki/doku.php

So the current gpleda.org style might prove a moving target :-)

---<)kaimartin(>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak
Email: kmk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx