Re: gEDA-user: Apply to join the geda-bugs team to triage bugs...

On Fri, 2011-01-07 at 22:15 +0000, Peter Clifton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Kai-Martin has rightly pointed out that by default, users don't have
> access to set certain flags on bugs - such as priority. This comes in
> handy if you know you're submitting a feature-request (which by default,
> should be the status "Wishlist").

It has just been pointed out to me that I should _remind_ people, that
setting the priority status on their own bugs is BAD FORM.

The exception here really being "Wishlist" is a decent status to set
your feature-requests to. Leave them as "New" though, so a second pair
of eyes will look and review it too.

If you're triaging patches / bugs from other people.. I'm not sure quite
what statuses to suggest - lets try not to be too formal for now, but my
suggestions would be:

Crasher / data loss -> "High" (or perhaps even "Critical" if it is likely to be hit).

Board output fault or incorrect netlist likely to cause design breakage
-> "High" (or "Medium" depending on likelihood / severity of the design
breakage)

UI wart / cosmetics -> "Low"
Feature request -> "Wishlist"

If unsure.. leave it as "Undecided"

Most important is confirming the bug, and / or commenting on /
discovering a minimal reproduction if not well stated by the original
submitter.

Best wishes,

--
Peter Clifton